Everyone can use a little help every now and then, especially paying for a college education. More than 80% of Georgia College's undergraduate students receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, employment opportunities, and student loans. Come to the Financial Aid Office and let’s discuss your educational goals and how we can help you find the financial resources to reach them.
- Summer Semester 2018 registration begins March 12, 2018. Information on financial aid for Summer Semester 2018 can be found in the link below:
Summer Semester 2018 Financial Aid
- The Summer semester 2018 Nelnet Payment Plan will become available March 12, 2018 . Email reminders will be sent to students and parents throughout the enrollment period. For more information, please visit mycollegepaymentplan.com/gcsu.
- The 2018-2019 FAFSA is available starting October 1, 2017. As with the new changes made starting with the 2017-2018 FAFSA, students and parents will use earlier year tax information. For example, the 2017-2018 FAFSA will use 2015 tax information and the 2018-2019 FAFSA will use 2016 tax information.
- IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) will return for the 2018-2019 FAFSA on October 1, 2017. Additional security and privacy protections have been added to address concerns that data from the tool could be used by identity thieves to file fraudulent tax returns. The IRS may even send you, via U.S. Mail, a “Notification of Access to the Department of Education’s IRS Data Retrieval Tool”. The IRS DRT will continue to be no longer available for the 2017–2018 FAFSA form and 2015 tax information must be manually entered. The IRS DRT remains the fastest, most accurate way to input your tax return information into the FAFSA form. Additional information on the status of the IRS DRT can be found in the link below:
Latest Information on the Status of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT)
- The 2017-2018 Loan Interest Rates for Federal Direct Loans have been released. As is customary, the annual interest rates for Federal Direct Loans have been announced and will be effective July 1, 2017. Please click the link below for details.
2017-2018 Loan General Information and Interest Rates
FAFSA: Apply for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the federal application that will allow GC's Financial Aid Office to review you for any federal grants, loans, work-study programs, and even state scholarships such as the HOPE/Zell Miller.
The GSFAPPS is the alternative application for students to apply for the HOPE and/or Zell Miller scholarships only. It is completed via Georgia Student Finance Commission's website. You must create an account on this website to be able to access the application.