Everyone can use a little help every now and then, especially paying for a college education. More than 80% of Georgia College's undergraduate students receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, employment opportunities, and student loans. Come to the Financial Aid Office and let’s discuss your educational goals and how we can help you find the financial resources to reach them.
- The Fall semester 2017 Nelnet Payment Plan is now available. For more information, please click the link below:
Fall 2017 Nelnet Tuition Payment Plan
- The 2017-2018 Loan Interest Rates for Federal Direct Loans have been released. As is customary, the annual interest rates for Federal Direct Loans have been announced and will be effective July 1, 2017. Please click the link below for details.
2017-2018 Loan General Information and Interest Rates
- Effective April 24, 2017: Tax documents required to complete the Verification process for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 have changed until further notification due to the impact of the suspension of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) on the FAFSA. It is important to note that not all FAFSA applicants are selected for the Verification process. Therefore, students impacted by this change will be notified by our office via email with further details. Click below for a copy of the guidance issued to universities by the Department of Education in the form of a Dear Colleague letter.
In March 2017, a Press Release from the IRS and Federal Student Aid was posted on our website regarding the IRS DRT outage. Additional, our office sent an Email Notification to all Current and Newly Admitted students and parents with special instructions regarding the FAFSA completion.
Tax Document Guidance from Department of Education
- The deadline to apply for aid for Summer Semester 2017 is July 10, 2017. Georgia College Financial Aid Office does not require a separate application/survey to obtain financial aid for the summer semester, unless you are applying for a student loan. Students interested in financial aid for Summer Semester 2017 must have a complete Financial Aid file for 2016-2017. For more information, please click the link below:
Deadline to Apply for Summer Semester 2017 Financial Aid
- NEW Changes to the 2017-2018 FAFSA: Applications became available October 1, 2016. Instead of using previous year's tax information, students will use earlier year (2015), also referred to as prior-prior year, tax information.
2017-2018 FAFSA Changes FAQ
FAFSA: Apply for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the federal application that will allow GC's Financial Aid Office to review you for any federal grants, loans, work-study programs, and even state scholarships such as the HOPE/Zell Miller.
The GSFAPPS is the alternative application for students to apply for the HOPE and/or Zell Miller scholarships only. It is completed via Georgia Student Finance Commission's website. You must create an account on this website to be able to access the application.